Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
wiggywacker

Default aquarium water for houseplants?

Do you think there's any benefit in using the aquarium water that we remove
for water changes for houseplants? Me thinks it has more nutritional value
than tap water.......

anyone do that?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Jamie D

"wiggywacker" wrote in message
Do you think there's any benefit in using the aquarium water that we

remove
for water changes for houseplants? Me thinks it has more nutritional

value
than tap water.......

anyone do that?

Absolutely! All those nutrients in there ... I use old aquarium water for
houseplants all the time and they seem to flourish.

Jamie
~

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Bigs

wiggywacker wrote:

Do you think there's any benefit in using the aquarium water that we remove
for water changes for houseplants? Me thinks it has more nutritional value
than tap water.......

anyone do that?

All the time! Don't need to buy fertilizer! My fish provide me with all that!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Ed

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:17:54 +0100, "wiggywacker"
wrote:

Do you think there's any benefit in using the aquarium water that we remove
for water changes for houseplants? Me thinks it has more nutritional value
than tap water.......

anyone do that?

Yes and it works great! In fact I normally add Seachem's Flourish
when watering my houseplants.

Another interesting story albeit somewhat off topic:

I have an old olive tree in my front yard. Last summer it was
suffering from some sort of diasease or nutrient deficiency - it was
slowly dying and it was covered with ants and scaley bugs. The poor
tree was on it's way out after lord knows how many years.

So I figured "What have I got to loose?" Every week for about 6 or 7
weeks I mixed up a 2 gallon sprinkler can with four or five good shots
- approx 40 - 60 ml of Flourish - and watered all around the roots.
Low and behold my tree is back and kicking! I'm guessing that there
was some sort of deficiency in the soil. Now the scaley bugs are gone
and no more ants....the treee is once again able to defend itself!!!!
And has been prunned twice since it's illness!!

Thanks you Seachem, Thank you Flourish!

Now back to your normally scheduled programming....

Regards,

Ed
Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
MrPotato

Yes indeed and not just houseplants either.

In the summer here in the UK, i feed my patio pot plants ad they love
it.

Extends their flowering season no end.

Fishpoo you gota love it.

--

If Mr Potato Eats Chips, Is He A Cannibal?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
chet

I add a little salt to my aquarium and started worrying about salt
accumulation. Is it an issue? Maybe I am just being a little paranoid. Not
that my landscaping is anything to brag about to begin with.

chet

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
wiggywacker

Ahaa! someone replied to that thread, so I can again see it. I had totally
lost that thread from my server.

I wanted to say thanks for your advice everyone....... I fed all our plants
and bonsai the fish-poo-water.....they are still alive =)

I think it's going to be great for the bonsai, because that requires a
chemical fertilizer normally, which I don't like to use......so this will
maybe get rid of the need to do that.