Old 17-10-2010, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Fence Height

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:13:35 +0100, "Endulini"
wrote:

rights to tack on a small bit of trellis to the inside of the fence to give
them something to hang on to?

Why I would agree that trellis would look best, its what I have done
with a shared fence, in your case would not a couple of wires strung
out along the top solve the problem of vandalism. And let your plants
grow along them .

Also ref Concrete Fence Posts, (best thing since sliced bread!) The
slots that hold the fence allow wooden trellis to also 'balance' on
top, This gives you enough time to pin the trellis to the fence and I
then used wooden wedges between the trellis and the concrete post to
firm everything up, result an almost invisible support and a firmly
mounted trellis

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info