Old 21-10-2010, 05:45 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
In message
,
Dave Hill
writes
On 20 Oct, 17:44, axr862 wrote:
Hi guys,
I am currently doing my 3rd year dissertation at University in the UK.
I have some photos of a few plants and am looking for the species of
each one.
All the photo's were taken next to a small river in Birmingham, UK

The photo's of the plants can be seen here - 'Identification: Some very
common British plants.. HELP!! - UBC Botanical Garden Forums'
(
Identification: Some very common British plants.. HELP!! - UBC Botanical Garden Forums)
The first 2 photo's are of grasses and i am looking for someone's best
guess of the species.
For the 3rd photo i am looking for the plant name of the small broad
leaved specimens in the middle of the shot

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aidan

--
axr862

3rd year and you still don't know how to use referance books in the
university library,
Shame on you.

If he's not a botanist, reference books might not help him; it's taken
me two and a half (or more) years to learn to recognise the commoner
cichorioid daisies even with the help of several floras.

The second grass is Dactylis glomerata. (There is a second species of
Dactylis present in Britain, but it's rare.)
--
Agree with Stuart. The first and third pics are of plants without flowers - most keys use floral features,, and identification of a plant out of flower is most easily done by someone who has actual knowledge of the plant.