Old 21-10-2010, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Christine Christine is offline

Default Overwintering mini roses?

They will not survive, if you keep them outside in pots. I tried it once,
they got
too much frost to their roots. Luckily I had propagated them before, so it
wasn't
a total loss. If the pots are too big for inside, you could plant them
outside just for
winter and put them into pots again in late spring.

G Willi

Thanks...I was thinking this morning that I'll have to bring them in.
The current blooms did get a touch of frost one night when I forgot to
cover them up. I think they enjoyed being outdoors for the summer, but
I didn't realize they would be so delicate!

Best,
Christine