Old 26-10-2010, 04:11 PM posted to alt.home.automation,alt.home.lawn.garden
Petem Petem is offline

Default Light sensor for OFF at dusk and ON at daylight?

dh@. a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:50:17 -0400, "Petem"
wrote:

"Stubby" a écrit dans le message de groupe
de
discussion :
On Oct 17, 11:05 pm, dh@. wrote:
I'm interested in finding a light sensor/110V outlet combination
that turns things off at dusk an on at daylight, instead of the
other way around as most of them do. Can anyone suggest where to
get such a thing, or where else I can ask about it?

You could use two light sensors in a box (with ventilation!). The
first looks at the world while the second looks at the light on the
first sensor.

That idea worked great. It's probably the way I'll go with it

Just put a 110 volt realy at the place of the lamp connection in a simple
dusk detector and use a N.C. connection on it to feed what ever you want..
if the relay is OFF (when the detector see some light) the currenty pass
..
simple simple simple..

I'm interested in trying that but don't know an easy place to
get the relay, or what an N.C. connection is. I did however get
two light sensors like "Stubby" suggested and it seems to work
pretty well.

110 volt relay are very easy to find..
look there
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...rodsPerPage=60
you will even see the base for it on the same page..
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...lickid=prod_cs

the schematics of the connection inside the relay is on the top of the
plastic cover.. very easy to work with..

And a N.C. connection is a NORMAL CLOSED connection, so the part of a switch
that normally (without power to the relay) is normal a closed circuit..
(passing current)