Old 28-10-2010, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Dried out window boxes

On Oct 27, 5:44*pm, Chris wrote:
On Sep 10, 8:32*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Chris wrote:
Well, I let 3 window boxes wither. One waspetunias, one marigolds,
and one Alyssum. Thepetuniaswere still green but brittle. The
marigolds had a couple decent blooms still, and were not quite
brittle. I cut off the tops of those two and gave them a moderate
watering. It's pretty windy here so I might give them more water this
evening. I know it might be a bit late in the season to get any more
blooms (I am in New York City) but was this the right course of
action?

Chris

PS: The Alyssum, which my wife never liked and would just as soon let
die, was still plugging along nicely. Lots of blooms that are
attracting the most amazing variety of blue, green and gold tiny
flies.

Since they are annuals that must be coming to end their season I wouldn't
bother going to much trouble.

David

This is what I got after trimming them

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9999379&saved#....

Chris

Those pics were taken today, for what it's worth )

Chris