Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
villon villon is offline

Default Harbor Freight greenhouse

On Nov 3, 3:41*pm, Gary Woods wrote:
villon wrote:
I see that Harbor Freight has the small 6x8 greenhouse on sale for
$250.

Is this plastic covered or polycarbonate? *The plastic cover will NOT
survive a winter (and they don't sell a replacement). *But, it's cheap and
will do the job, sort of.

It's polycarb panels, but the door looks sort of junky. I keep telling
myself I could build a better GH than that if I wasn't so lazy...
still, it looks tempting. Plastic sheets seems like they'd have to be
replaced too often. I see you are upstate NY AND a HAM. I'm on long
island now but have spent many summers up in Ithaca/Watkins Glen. I
haven't been on the air in a couple or three years but I used to hang
out a bunch on 40 and 80 meters - mostly cw on 40...
Chas
(N2JIW)