Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wilson[_5_] Wilson[_5_] is offline

Default small carrots

On 11/05/10 6:01 AM, sometime in the recent past jenhicks posted this:
I sowed carrot seeds into beds in May and even now in November, the
carrots are still tiny. The biggest I've had has been 5 inches but that
was a one off. I've checked the seed packet and their not a dwarf carrot
variety. I've never grown carrots so any tips would be great. BTW, I've
had a very successful crop of beets in the same bed.

You've got to thin them. The soil needs to be deep and friable. But mostly,
carrots need thinning.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3