Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default small carrots

In article ,
Wilson wrote:

On 11/05/10 6:01 AM, sometime in the recent past jenhicks posted this:
I sowed carrot seeds into beds in May and even now in November, the
carrots are still tiny. The biggest I've had has been 5 inches but that
was a one off. I've checked the seed packet and their not a dwarf carrot
variety. I've never grown carrots so any tips would be great. BTW, I've
had a very successful crop of beets in the same bed.

You've got to thin them. The soil needs to be deep and friable. But mostly,
carrots need thinning.

There is also the idea of pelleting. Basically it is taking very
small seeds and blending them in mud. Dry them run thru a sieve and
plant.

Some places do it for you.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6371-bo...lleted-og.aspx

--