Old 07-11-2010, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Strawberry Plant Question Please?

wrote in news:8jn9tnF11jU4
@mid.individual.net:

Jake wrote:
If you're ground planting, now's a good time. But if you're using tubs
of any sort, it's best to wait until the spring (after the heavy
frosts - once they're established in tub type planters strawberries
are fine thru the winter.) Incidentally, I picked one today.
Delicious! But I think that's the last one this year.

I have alpine strawberries that have just decided to flower again

I had some alpine strawberries which I grew from seed, Mignonette if I
remember. But they were very disappointing indeed.
Last winter in the south facing border they remained green, and early
enough in spring they put up some nice white flowers and then the fruit.

The fruits were thousands but only the size of a "little finger" nail.

Wish I had kept them to see what might have been, but we dont have the
space for what might be.

Baz