Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
E. Mito

Default Identification of Plants

In article , "kush"
writes:

My submission for Mystery plant A: Maybe Bacopa Myriophylloides (S.A.
Bacopa), or either Myriophyllum simulans or pinnatum (foxtail fril or
foxtail green). They're hard enough to distinguish when you have a piece in
front of you, let alone from a picture.

kush

Thanks Kush,

I know the plant isn't a foxtail; I have foxtails and it is distinctly
different. The leaves of the mystery plant aren't as brittle/rough and they
kind of fan out from each stem.

I looked at one internet picture of the Bacopa myriophylloides and the leaves
on my plant look a bit denser; it is also supposedly a rare plant so I think
this excludes my mystery plant from being this as I got it cheap from my LFS
for $2.00 (USD).

I'm starting to think that it is just a strange looking type of cabomba
plant...?

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm