Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
E. Mito

Default Identification of Plants

There are two plants that I'd like to identify...does anybody recognize these
plants? Mystery Plant A reminds me of cabomba, but the leaves look much finer
than what I've seen before. Mystery Plant B is some type of Apongeton; I
bought the bulb from Wal-Mart but the packaging did not specify the type of
Apongeton.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/.../whatsthis.htm

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
kush

My submission for Mystery plant A: Maybe Bacopa Myriophylloides (S.A.
Bacopa), or either Myriophyllum simulans or pinnatum (foxtail fril or
foxtail green). They're hard enough to distinguish when you have a piece in
front of you, let alone from a picture.

kush

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
E. Mito

In article , "kush"
writes:

My submission for Mystery plant A: Maybe Bacopa Myriophylloides (S.A.
Bacopa), or either Myriophyllum simulans or pinnatum (foxtail fril or
foxtail green). They're hard enough to distinguish when you have a piece in
front of you, let alone from a picture.

kush

Thanks Kush,

I know the plant isn't a foxtail; I have foxtails and it is distinctly
different. The leaves of the mystery plant aren't as brittle/rough and they
kind of fan out from each stem.

I looked at one internet picture of the Bacopa myriophylloides and the leaves
on my plant look a bit denser; it is also supposedly a rare plant so I think
this excludes my mystery plant from being this as I got it cheap from my LFS
for $2.00 (USD).

I'm starting to think that it is just a strange looking type of cabomba
plant...?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
kush

Sorry, Erica.
E. Mito wrote

I looked at one internet picture of the Bacopa myriophylloides and the

leaves
on my plant look a bit denser; it is also supposedly a rare plant...

Not so rare. Arizona Aquatic Garden has it, for a couple of bucks a bunch I
think. I had some in a couple of my tanks but, apparently, it was delicious
and it got mostly eaten. At any rate, it was LESS dense than the frils so,
yeah, we can rule it out...

Geez, I suck at plant identification.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
J. Toonen

Hi,

Mystery plant A: Myriophyllum elatinoides;
Mystery plant B: Leafs look like Echinodoris, but don't understand the
floating leafs......so not a clue really;
Mystery plant C looks more like Ludwiga Palustris 'Red'. Agree it could be
Mullerti, since this plant goes red with sufficient light (but only the
upper leaves), but Palustris was 'discovered' in the wild in the US and has
red leaves and stem by origin.....

Jos. (Netherlands)

"E. Mito" schreef in bericht