Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
spes123 spes123 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhicks View Post
I sowed carrot seeds into beds in May and even now in November, the carrots are still tiny. The biggest I've had has been 5 inches but that was a one off. I've checked the seed packet and their not a dwarf carrot variety. I've never grown carrots so any tips would be great. BTW, I've had a very successful crop of beets in the same bed.

By far the most likely cause is lack of thinning, followed by the soil conditions, if the soil is heavy or has a lots of stone thaen you will get smaller carrots