Old 13-11-2010, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Freeze green onions?

Higgs Boson wrote:
I need to pull a lot of green onions before they go to seed.

Don't have any way to use them all up at once.

Thought of cleaning, dicing, and freezing.

Anybody done this? Does it work?

Quick replies appreciated.

HB

I am not sure what you mean by a green onion. Is that one with a green
shoot and not much (any) bulb? If so they are usually put in salad or eaten
raw - no? So freezing will ruin the texture. If they have a bulb I would
blanch them first before freezing and then they should be good to put in
stews etc latter.

David