Old 13-11-2010, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Freeze green onions?

On Nov 12, 4:46*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
I need to pull a lot of green onions before they go to seed.

Don't have any way to use them all up at once.

Thought of cleaning, dicing, and freezing.

Anybody done this? *Does it work?

Quick replies appreciated.

HB

I am not sure what you mean by a green onion. *Is that one with a green
shoot and not much (any) bulb?

Yes. Some call them scallions.

*If so they are usually put in salad or eaten raw - no?

Yes.

*So freezing will ruin the texture.

*If they have a bulb I would blanch them first before freezing and
then they should be good to put in
stews etc latter.

No bulb to speak of. Guess if freezing is a no-no I'll give them to
the neighbors.

Tx

HB

David