Old 13-11-2010, 03:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Freeze green onions?

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Nov 12, 4:57 pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote

I need to pull a lot of green onions before they go to seed.
Thought of cleaning, dicing, and freezing.

Dehydrator is the way to go for the greens. Leave the bulbs in the
ground
to come up again next year.

? That's a new one on me. I don't have a dehydrator & don't want to
invest in one.
I didn't know about leaving the bulbs in the ground. Figures.

Tx

HB

Will dehydrating onions indoors stink up the house?
Should it be done outside in a shelter?
I have never done dehydration before for food preservation. Just
curious.

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)