Old 15-11-2010, 06:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Jerusalem artichokes - ugh!

Gill Smith wrote:
big disappointment, having grown them

but now I know why I never tasted them before

they are disgusting

There's no accounting for taste. I love them. Try scrubbing some,
cutting them into small pieces and whopping them up in a liquidiser with
proper stock.

While liquidising, I tend to bung in an onion, frehly-ground black
pepper and celery seeds, as well as a scrape of nutmeg.

That's all you need for a good, thick, nourishing soup.

--
Rusty