Old 17-11-2010, 07:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Jerusalem artichokes - ugh!

Dave Hill wrote:

Cut thinly they make a good substitute for water chestnuts in a stir
fry.
They are known to stop the wind when growing and to release it after
being eaten.

The wind mae a really untidy mess of mine this year. Let's hope they
don't generate wind in proportion to what they've absorbed...

Hope I get some this year, I've had to grow them in the "Cage" as
every time I have tried before the badgers have cleared them out
without a trace..

At least you can hear them coming.

One hopes, not from upwind.

--