Old 20-11-2010, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Supplier Thompson and Morgan

On Nov 20, 12:27*pm, (Peter James) wrote:
When I first took over my new allotment in the spring of this year, I
asked for advice on a supplier of fruit bushes. *

Quite a few posters warned me off Thomson and Morgan on the grounds that
their quoted delivery dates could not be relied on, and to avoid them.

On the other hand a friend spoke glowingly of them, and relying on
someone I knew, I ordered fruit bushes and some asparagus crowns from T
& M.

Each order was confirmed with a delivery date, and each order was
received by their quoted delivery dates.
Mine was quite a large order and included asparagus crowns, gooseberry
bushes, raspberry canes, blackcurrant and loganberry plants.

I felt it was only fair to put on record my experiences with them, in
view of the less than glowing report I received here.

Peter

He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975

They are OK. But horrendous prices. You can get just as good cheaper
elsewhere.