Old 20-11-2010, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Supplier Thompson and Morgan

When I first took over my new allotment in the spring of this year, I
asked for advice on a supplier of fruit bushes.

Quite a few posters warned me off Thomson and Morgan on the grounds that
their quoted delivery dates could not be relied on, and to avoid them.

On the other hand a friend spoke glowingly of them, and relying on
someone I knew, I ordered fruit bushes and some asparagus crowns from T
& M.

Each order was confirmed with a delivery date, and each order was
received by their quoted delivery dates.
Mine was quite a large order and included asparagus crowns, gooseberry
bushes, raspberry canes, blackcurrant and loganberry plants.

I felt it was only fair to put on record my experiences with them, in
view of the less than glowing report I received here.

Peter

He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
from being gruntled.
P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975
Old 20-11-2010, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 20, 12:27*pm, (Peter James) wrote:
[...]

They are OK. But horrendous prices. You can get just as good cheaper
elsewhere.
Old 20-11-2010, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

harry wrote:

/T&M/

They are OK. But horrendous prices. You can get just as good cheaper
elsewhere.

OTOH, if you have a complaint or an observation, they look into it and
*ACT*.

Back when Pixie (tomato) was a new variety, and billed as
'self-supporting, do not require pinching-out' and 'flavoursome', I
bought a packet of seeds. All the plants split and fell over, and IMO
were as flavourless as Moneymaker.

I passed these observations back to T&M just as feedback. They very
kindly sent me two packets of pre-release seeds of other varieties to
try the following year,

But in the past I've bought rooted things from Ken Muir with no complaint.

--
Rusty