Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
LeighMo

Default Help!!! Hundreds of snails!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my observation that exploding population
of snails usually indicates algae problem.

Either that, or overfeeding.

Snails, contrary to popular belief, don't live on thin air. If you have a
snail population explosion, they are eating something. Either algae or
leftover fishfood.

Marvin, if you get rid of your snails (with loaches or whatever), you will
likely find yourself with a huge algae problem instead. Get your tank in
balance, and the snail population will drop.

I welcome snails in my tank. They are terrific algae-eaters, and a natural
part of the ecosystem.

Leigh