Old 20-04-2003, 06:15 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Help!!! Hundreds of snails!!!

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Marvin Hlavac wrote:

Thanks to all for snail-eating fish recommendations. I will observe what my

new
amano shrimps do for the next few days and if the situation does not improve

will head to my local fish store.

Marvin,

Just to be really clear, your new shrimp will have no impact on your snails.

The

impact your
snails, but shrimp will not.

Thanks Dave,

I've had 25 Amano Shrimps in my 360L (90g) aquarium a few days now and you are
right about them not having any impact on the snail population. I can see a lot
of eggs all over my lawn of micro chain sword. Out of the fish I currently have
I've only observed SAE eating eggs once. I will most likely have to go to an LFS
soon to get a fish or two out of the ones that were recommended in previous
posts. Most likely though I will just wait a little longer just to see if their
population growth slows down. I would not mind having some snails but definitely
I don't want thousands of them here. I reduced the amount of food I give my fish
as Leigh recommended.

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com