Old 28-11-2010, 11:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default ID this plant

"Higgs Boson" wrote

Came up in one of the rose beds. Didn't pull it out because foliage
looked interesting. Anybody recognize?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2aafqf5.jpg

Looks familiar. No name for it but coastal southern east coast and maybe
Corpus Christi Texas? I'm thinking mostly along the SC/NC coastal areas.
Might be in other places of course. If I'm placing it right, doesn't get
very tall (2ft max?) and not hard to control at all in beds. Interesting
looking brownish purple and considered a weed by most.