Old 29-11-2010, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Ice formation

In article ,
says...

This appeared overnight in one of the bird baths. I thought at first there
might be a small bird in it, but it was just ice. To get an idea of the
size, it is the top of a Victorian Chimney Pot.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-TEKWQV3...-of-Other.html

Odd? :-)

Mike

I had something similar appeared earlier on in one of the cold snaps. It
was about 4" tall, tapering opposite way to yours, and leaning over at
an angle. I think I took a piccie of it, but I've not got the camera to
hand at the moment - I'll see if I can find it at some stage.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales