Old 30-11-2010, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Hiatus hernia and a neglected garden.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

With our soil we have to dig in spring before planting even if we have
dug in autumn as it goes solid with rain, being Thames silt/clay. I
would dig in the compost in spring and sow and plant. If the compost
is well rotted there should not be a problem.

Thats good news.

Under the snow the plots are literally covered in groundsel and bearing in
mind that in spring I am going to be much buisier than usual with the extra
digging, could I dig in the groundsel or remove it, which is time
consuming, and time is going to be against me. Of course I will remove
docks, dandelions etc.

Baz