Old 30-11-2010, 06:55 PM
gardening girl gardening girl is offline
Registered User

the boundary fence length which needs privacy is 4 foot. The fence is also on a bank going up. I only have about a foot of room to plant. Not growing over next doors means no branches which will grow over the boundary fence. Would I be ok with clump growing bamboo or not? Any help will be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
On Nov 29, 12:04*pm, gardening girl gardening.girl.
wrote:
Hi everyone

First time post.
Got a bit of a problem require privacy in my garden but the boundary
fence is my neighbours and is only 3ft high and they dont want to
replace it for a higher one. *The next problem is that I only have a
narrow gap to plant and a supporting wall for the rest of the garden.
What could I grow that will be high for privacy but would grow over next
doors and the roots wont affect my supporting wall. *My thoughts were
bamboo but is there a better option I havent thought of. Any ideas will
be great

Don't understand "grow over next doors".

What is your climate?

How long is the boundary fence?

Huge caution about bamboo. Unless you get a variety that doesn't
spread underground, it will take over everything and will be very
difficult to remove. How narrow is your planting gap? You could do a
Web search for plants that meet your needs.

Aside from planting a privacy border, you could always build your own
fence just inside the neighbor's, as tall as your local code permits.

HB

--
gardening girl