Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What is this tree called please....

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:19:10 +0000, mrharrod
wrote:

Hi people,

Just finished decorating the house for christmas and thought about
decoracting this tree in my garden!

[image: http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...rod/photo.jpg]

It came with the house. I have no idea what it is called, but an ideal
(be it a little skinny) tree none the less for left over lights

Anybody know what the tree is called (the tall one)?
It has small cones all around it and about 3 years old I think.

Thanks,
Chris.

Possibly Juniperus communis 'Hibernica' (aka the Irish Juniper), or
Juniperus scopulorum 'Skyrocket'?

'Skyrocket' was my first thought, but junipers have "berries", rather
than the usual type of cone. I'd guess at Chamaecyparis or Cupressus. (I
doubt that I could identify it, but closeups of the foliage and cones
might assist someone else.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley