Old 02-12-2010, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Sugar Beets Article 90% engineered?

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

http://www.fastcompany.com/1706717/b...to-sugarbeets-
to-be-destroyed?partner=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_me dium=feed&utm_campaign
=Feed%3A+fastcompany%2Fheadlines+%28Fast+Company+H eadlines%29

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/11/29/introducing-the-frankenapple/

Introducing the Frankenapple

Designed by British Columbia-based Okanagan Specialty Fruits, the new
"Arctic" apple -- or what critics are calling the "botox apple," reports
Gawker -- is said to have "silencing" enzymes, which would prevent it
from looking old, no matter how old it gets. While this may be arguably
okay for foreheads, we take it most people would rather know when their
food is past its prime. Just like waxing fruit and piping nitrogen into
fish to make it look younger, preventing fruit to brown would no longer
allow us to know when it's gone bad.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_vN0--mHug