Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] View Post
asgilbert wrote:
I grew courgettes in planters this year....decent crop, but the plants
died early with the leaves turning sort of powdery grey. Can anyone
recommend a good reliable variety?

Powdery mildew will strike all the cultivars that I have seen if the
conditions suit the fungus, ie warm and wet.

David
Thompson and Morgan sell a variety of Courgette which we have found to be resistent to Mildew. Not sure of the name off hand, but it is advertised as such.
Onions adore sun. And do not omplain too much about Spring onions, in 40 odd years of growing veg I have never even managed to get the seeds to germinate, never mind grow to any size. And before you all jump in and tell me how to do it, I have tried every single method ever suggested without success.