Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Catalogues arriving N. America

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:
Yesterday Nichols Garden Nursery was at my door. Also the largest
Johnny's catalogue I've ever seen. Already stated thinking about
trying different sprouting mixes. Alfalfa was #1 here but Red
Russian Kale is very new to me and I wonder how it will do on our
plates.

I like kale. I haven't grown Red Russian but I think it would be worth a
try. The ones I have grown are easy to grow, hardy, nutritious and tasty.
Some find the flavour a little strong but if you like brassicas you will
like kale. This is not a "sprout" it is a biennial that grows about 3-5ft
high with cut-and-come-again leaves.

David

Never saw it offered for sprouting till now.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6806-ka...ussian-og.aspx

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Daniel Moynihan and Dennis Kucinich in 2012 !