Old 28-10-2010, 12:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pat Pat is offline

Default New pond question

I am making a new pond and thinking of using bentonite to seal it. Was
wondering if anyone here could give some advice from direct
experience. The soil at the bottom of this pond is heavy clay so I am
guessing I won't need a whole lot of the bentonite.

I'd like to know exactly what one does with the stuff when applying
it. Do you just spread it out dry, or do you make it into a paste to
apply it? If you spread it dry, what keeps it from falling down the
sloping sides of the pond into the bottom?