Old 07-11-2010, 03:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default New pond question

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:01:49 EDT, Janet wrote:

Following advice here, we recently bought and installed 1 mm thick
EPDM rubber liner, cost was around £5 UKpounds per square metre (plus

a half price deal on the protective liner to go underneath it). Thanks
to all for your help :-)

It was very easy to fit and the dog hasn't even tried to get in the
pond. When the pond had settled down I put in the three goldfish
whose need for a larger home inspired the pond. For the first day they
swam in circles the size of their previous home but have now taken over
the entire space. In just three weeks despite chilly weather they have
noticeably grown. Can't decide if that's because of the extra excercise
they get now or happiness and less stress.

Janet (Scotland)

Hi Janet, That is good news. I do wonder how many ponds are inspired by the
goldfish bowl?

And btw, anyone who can keep a goldfish alive in a small bowl for more than
a month is going to be a "great" pond keeper! :-) ~ jan

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us