Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Propagator in December

harry wrote:
When I did tomatoes early last year they were terrible. ?Suggestion was that
they didn't get enough light rather than warmth.

Any plant that has insufficient light is usually tall &lanky. So it's
easy to tell. Normal problem is failing to harden off plants grown in
lots of heat.

My early tomatoes (and aubergines) just didn't thrive. They grew very weedy
and never got going, most died off by the time they got to repottable size.

The implication to me would be dodgy seed (but later sewings of the same
seed produced better results) or dodgy soil (what I put it down to, but when