Old 17-12-2010, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Redwings.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:08:42 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Large flocks (several hundreds) of redwings in our orchards today
feeding on frozen windfall apples. Amazing racket!

In my next-door-neighbour's front garden is a pyracantha smothered in
berries. In the snow at the beginning of the year a flock of redwings
arrived, stripped all the berries and were gone. I'm waiting to see
if the same thing happens now. It was an amazing sight.

Pam in Bristol