Old 17-12-2010, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Redwings.

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:08:42 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Large flocks (several hundreds) of redwings in our orchards today
feeding on frozen windfall apples. Amazing racket!

In my next-door-neighbour's front garden is a pyracantha smothered in
berries. In the snow at the beginning of the year a flock of redwings
arrived, stripped all the berries and were gone. I'm waiting to see
if the same thing happens now. It was an amazing sight.

Pam in Bristol

The flocks of Redwings and Fieldfares from N. Europe are one of winter's
great delights.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!