Old 18-12-2010, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Redwings.

"Bill Grey"wrote in message

We had a few flights of 30 or so birds going past yesterday, don't
know if they were Redwings or Fieldfares, but I would go for the
latter.
Birds going mad on the feeders yesterday, but I think the sparrows
have moved across the road to my neighbour.
David Hill

A couple of days ago I spotted a large group of what I thought were
Fieldfares. They looked "silvery" as the took off. Can't be sure if they
were Fieldfares as I was a bit far away.

Bill

Sounds like it - their tummies reflect the light distinctively.
Plenty round here still - they hide in he hedges and make a sort of tutting
noise
that gives their position away !

Pete