Old 23-12-2010, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Merry Christmas from NZ!

In message , David WE Roberts
writes
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I
got my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence
from some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

Visited Akaroa just on a year ago .... had a delightful boat trip in the
harbour - saw Hectors Dolphins ..... a delightful day. With c. 7 ins of
lying snow and o/night temps of -11C here in Dorset I think lunch in a
nice French restaurant in Akaroa with hit the right spot. But then ...
it's not home :-))

Happy Christmas to you and yours Dave!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!