Old 23-12-2010, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Merry Christmas from NZ!

I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I got
my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence from
some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

Old 23-12-2010, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I got
my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence from
some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you from another South
Island, the Isle of Wight.

All snow cleared now for a few days, but very cold. Have to clear the water
out from the bird baths as soon as it gets dark, then fill them in the
mornings. First visitor to ours this morning was our Long Tailed Tit.

08.32 am here at present on Thursday 23rd

We are just starting the day you are just finishing :-))

Best wishes

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Old 23-12-2010, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 23, 8:28*am, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I got
my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence from
some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

Happy Christmas yourself.
Old 23-12-2010, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , David WE Roberts
writes
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I
got my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence
from some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

Visited Akaroa just on a year ago .... had a delightful boat trip in the
harbour - saw Hectors Dolphins ..... a delightful day. With c. 7 ins of
lying snow and o/night temps of -11C here in Dorset I think lunch in a
nice French restaurant in Akaroa with hit the right spot. But then ...
it's not home :-))

Happy Christmas to you and yours Dave!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 23-12-2010, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:28:31 +1300, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I got
my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence from
some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

Dave R

I visited Akaroa about this time, 3 years ago and think wistfully of a
wonderful Christmas season in your lovely country.
Queenstown on Christmas Day, roses in Christchurch Botanic garden.
Many such memories.
Enjoy your Christmas as we shiver!

Pam in Bristol

Old 23-12-2010, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure I got
my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on the
South Island.

Ah Akaroa, fond memories, we visited in October this year, had lunch at
Bulley Hayes? lovely views over French Bay? Or have my many memories of
South Island become fuddled already?

Merry Christmas to all.

Mike

Old 23-12-2010, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David WE Roberts wrote:
I haven't been getting my NG updates much, so I thought I'd make sure
I got my Merry Christmas in well before time.

It is now 9:42 PM on the 23rd (21:42 in old money) and apart from the
torrential rain, gales, and bush fires all has been well.

We are in Akaroa, which is a peninsula just outside Christchurch on
the South Island.
A good place to spend Christmas, especially with the French influence
from some early settlers.

Hope your white Christmas isn't too trying.

Cheers

A friend once received a belated Christmas card from another friend: it
had gone via New Zealand from Oxford to London N2. Friend 2 hadn't felt
it necessary to include the word "London".

And a happy Christmas to you and all our readers.

--
Mike.

OT Merry Christmas Shell Gardening 3 22-12-2003 02:12 AM
OT Merry Christmas Shell Orchids 0 21-12-2003 06:42 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy new Year Theo Bonsai 0 19-12-2003 05:43 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Mike K Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Allegra Roses 0 23-01-2003 08:22 AM