Old 23-12-2010, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Our growing season

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 23/12/2010 13:02, Bill Grey wrote:
wrote in message
For those amongst you who are now wistfully casting your minds back to
the
heady days of summer when your soil was workable (and visible), here is
time-lapse of the growing season on our allotment.

It begins on 5th May, and ends on 17th Nov. I took a picture on every
visit
to the plot, attempting to align the view the same each time, with
varying
degrees of success. I tried to take the pics as close to midday as
possible
because of the shadows, but again this was not always possible. Also the
sun
was sometimes rather brighter than I would have preferred. I tried to
take
the pic when the sun went in on days when there was some cloud cover,
but
some days there was unbroken sunshine. I know that seems difficult to
envisage right now. And I tried to keep the watering cans etc from
popping
in and out of view. Again with varying success.

I hope you enjoy it. Questions, suggestions, ideas and constructive
criticism all welcome. Next year I plan to do one of the whole year.
Watch
this space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7rJLTGYMk

--
Steve

Very interesting and a novel way to record you allotment

Well done

Bill

I suppose a precisely located tripod would make the end result easier on
the eye. Says he who has been meaning to do something similar for years
but never had the patience :-)

Indeed. three marks on the ground would at least locate the tripod site
accurately. Then a repeatable height and point of aim would enable
consistent photography of the garden

Bill