Old 27-12-2010, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Late daffs

In message , Baz
writes
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Darkside" wrote in message
Has anyone even seen a snowdrop?
--
Sue ]

Only just seen a drop of snow ;-))

Mike
S.E. Isle of Wight

How lucky you are Mike.

We are so very sick of it. I think it was Nov.11 it started here and still
not gone yet, but the forecast for our region is good and last night was
the first time since then that we didn't have a frost.

Bet my new Kiwi bush suffered though.
Happy new year you lucky devil
Baz

The thaw's started here in Dorset (a bit). Got concerned today when I
heard water running in the pipes and couldn't track where it was going.
Then I thought about the small apartment above the garage which none of
the kids chose to use over Xmas (unlike the summer). The rooms were OK
but the garage was flooded! The one piece of interior exposed pipe had
burst. No real damage (I think) except there's quite a lot of standing
water on the garage floor. I turned off the stopcock inside the garage
door and all is now OK. Except I need a plumber .... but not too
urgently. I had to smile when I recalled my rather pompous post to Baz
about Macmillan's "Events dear boy" ... and the need to prepare for
them. Why I didn't turn off the stopcock when the cold weather started,
I don't know. I did last year. Hoisted on my own quotation ... and it's
cold:-))) Oh .... and during the summer we changed to a meter charging
system!!

Where's that insurance policy ..... does it cover burst pipes??? Hmmmm!

--
Gopher .... I know my place!