Old 29-12-2010, 11:15 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Otoh, when the back part of our house detached itself from the front, our insurance company were splendid :-)
Quote:

I've checked the insurance policy and burst pipes damage is covered....
but not for outhouses, garages etc. Possibly because they may be more
prone to freezing - or am I just being cynical:-))
Look at it the other way - if they are more prone to freezing, and it's included in the cover, then to be a viable option for the insurance company, premiums go up for all of us...
Quote:
. Or should I have the insurance company earn their money? We've
been very lucky!
Consider the effect of a claim on future excesses, and how likely it is that you want to change your insurer (most ask you to list all claims in the last 5 years). Leave the insurance to things you can't handle yourself (skills-wise or financially)