Old 29-12-2010, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Late daffs

Gopher wrote in
:

I've checked the insurance policy and burst pipes damage is
covered.... but not for outhouses, garages etc. Possibly because they
may be more prone to freezing - or am I just being cynical:-))
Fortunately, unknown to me, Senior Management (my wife) had put in
force an emergency cover insurance which will take care of everything.
As it turns out I can do it myself as there is no damage except to a
few bits of wood off-cuts. I'll just cut out the split part of the
pipe and insert a new bit. Easy peasy. Or should I have the insurance
company earn their money? We've been very lucky!

As you say - better times ahead, somewhere through the gloom :-)

It must be always better to fix minor damage yourself if competent.
Think of the excess payment (if you have one) to make.

Baz