Old 30-12-2010, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default RHS free seed list

"Nick" wrote in message
In message , alan.holmes
writes

Forgive my ignorance, but what is RHS, and how do you get the free seeds?

Royal Horticultural Society. Haven't done it for years, but around this
time of year I went to their main office and picked up a catalogue/list of
spare seeds you could request for free. Reading Janet's post, looks like
you can get the list and apply on their website - presumably for members
only.

Some gardens give away free seeds to visitors. I was at Ventnor gardens some
years ago and there was a trayful of seeds in envelopes, marked free-help
yourself.

Steve