Old 30-12-2010, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Can Growing Tomatoes From Seed At Home Help Prevent Late Blight?

I think it can help indeed. Last season Penn State university was
warning about another bad year for late blight in our area. I started
all my plants indoors from seed. Gave plants to many of my neighbors
and not one of these plants were hit with late blight or any other
disease! I think when you buy your plants from a nursery or chain
store, you take the chance that your plants may be diseased when you
take them home. These growers raise their plants on a much larger scale
and in my opinion, it increases the risk of disease spreading
throughout their plants. What do you think?

Rich