Old 30-12-2010, 08:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Seeds

On Dec 30, 3:12*pm, Gary Woods wrote:
" wrote:
Is there really a difference between Wal Mart seeds and seen company
seeds?

First of all, most seed vendors don't guarantee the age of the seeds, only
the germination rate. *You'll likely do OK at Wally World for the common
varieties, but keeping them for a few years may be dicey.
I'd rather support a seed company I like and respect, even if it means
paying a bit more. *Fedco, for instance, is a co-op, with very good stock
and very reasonable prices.
Are you looking for cheapest possible, and not too worried about specific
varieties, or do you want plants that will do well in your area? Where you
are matters, and mass marketers don't always care.
The Seed Saver's Exchange has a retail catalog, but the hardcore addictive
stuff is in the member's yearbook, due Real Soon Now. *It has been known to
cause severe outbreaks of Kid in the Candy Store syndrome.

OK, OK, so you asked the time, and we told you how to make a watch....

Upstate NY Where? Lived most of my life in the Binghamton area