Old 30-12-2010, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default RHS free seed list

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Nick" wrote in message
In message , alan.holmes
writes

Forgive my ignorance, but what is RHS, and how do you get the free
seeds?

Royal Horticultural Society. Haven't done it for years, but around this
time of year I went to their main office and picked up a catalogue/list
of spare seeds you could request for free. Reading Janet's post, looks
like you can get the list and apply on their website - presumably for
members only.

Some gardens give away free seeds to visitors. I was at Ventnor gardens
some years ago and there was a trayful of seeds in envelopes, marked
free-help yourself.

Steve

Ventnor Botanical Gardens are in trouble and it looks as if it may close.
Not been running as a commercial business for years. Ideal spot for
building retirement bungalows and houses for the retired. South facing sun
trap.

http://ventnorblog.com/2010/08/13/ve...t-be-sold-off/

It would be a shame if it closed. We thought it was excellent. That was 10
or more years ago mind.

Steve