Old 31-12-2010, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Off topic but amusing and irritating

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:56:25 GMT, Baz wrote:

I have had a very bad cough and a extremely bad sore throat for some weeks
now. As the snow and ice have nearly melted, I made an appointment to see
my doctor to be on the safe side.
This morning I attended the appointment only to be seen by a locum because
my regular doc. has taken leave without informing his patients.

Locum says that I have a very bad cough and a sore throat.peroid. next
patient.
As I exited the practice I thought to myself is that it?
I went back into the building and wanted an explaination as to why I was
treated this way.
I was told that the doc. could not understand what I was saying and I
should have asked at reception. He understood enough to repeat what I said
to him.
Talk about when in Rome!

One thing I have found is that I have a cough and a sore throat(and for you
clasping at any time to say thats 2 things, no it's one).

Oh indeed.
Not being able to mention my bad neck as well as my tennis elbow at
the docs was a bit annoying.
Luckily the physio I got referred to took a proper history and noted
the neck pain and diagnosed and treated tennis elbow in my neck. (sit
up straight now!)

It does make it silly though. Should I book two appointments together
if I need to discuss two things with my GP? It would appear so. But
then the struggle to get an appointment is a bit depression. "You can
in queue position 17".

*sighs*

I know several people who've been ill for weeks and weeks with bad
throats.

It took a visit to a fund holding practice to diagnose the above?

That locum would be paid at least 100,000 quid p.a.? Most of that by the
NHS.
Most of us pay weekly with N.I. contributions to pay bloated ego's like the
git described above........grrrrr.

Baz

--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com