Old 31-12-2010, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Off topic but amusing and irritating

I have had a very bad cough and a extremely bad sore throat for some weeks
now. As the snow and ice have nearly melted, I made an appointment to see
my doctor to be on the safe side.
This morning I attended the appointment only to be seen by a locum because
my regular doc. has taken leave without informing his patients.

Locum says that I have a very bad cough and a sore throat.peroid. next
patient.
As I exited the practice I thought to myself is that it?
I went back into the building and wanted an explaination as to why I was
treated this way.
I was told that the doc. could not understand what I was saying and I
should have asked at reception. He understood enough to repeat what I said
to him.
Talk about when in Rome!

One thing I have found is that I have a cough and a sore throat(and for you
clasping at any time to say thats 2 things, no it's one).
It took a visit to a fund holding practice to diagnose the above?

That locum would be paid at least 100,000 quid p.a.? Most of that by the
NHS.
Most of us pay weekly with N.I. contributions to pay bloated ego's like the
git described above........grrrrr.

Baz
Old 31-12-2010, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in
:

[...]

I have had a new appointment made now by the practice manager to have an
audience with an English speaking Shaman.

Baz

Old 31-12-2010, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 31, 2:13*pm, Baz wrote:
Baz wrote :

[...]

Baz- Hide quoted text -

You're gonna die. Bless you my son. Remember me in your will. :-)Heh
Heh.
Old 31-12-2010, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:56:25 GMT, Baz wrote:

[...]

Oh indeed.
Not being able to mention my bad neck as well as my tennis elbow at
the docs was a bit annoying.
Luckily the physio I got referred to took a proper history and noted
the neck pain and diagnosed and treated tennis elbow in my neck. (sit
up straight now!)

It does make it silly though. Should I book two appointments together
if I need to discuss two things with my GP? It would appear so. But
then the struggle to get an appointment is a bit depression. "You can
in queue position 17".

*sighs*

I know several people who've been ill for weeks and weeks with bad
throats.

--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

I know exactly how you feel, our Doc has refused to sign the papers
for our new Health Centre so it hasn't been built despite the builders
being ready and Plans approved. Only one Doc now in a practice that
used to have 3 and even our beautiful and caring nurse has left
leaving one that reads from a script.....

She said to me... "What have you been up to this morning". I replied..
"Digging my allotment, and I'm going back this afternoon to do some
more or we might go for a walk, only a few miles across country but we
enjoy it"... Later in her script she said..."Now you must do more
exercise and do talk to your wife about the amount of pre-prepared
food you eat and try to eat more fresh vegetables"..
Perhaps she does not know what an allotment is for and does not
understand digging or walking.
I'm afraid, after that, I won't listen to a word she says in future...
which might be bad for me.

A good Practice Nurse is worth its weight in gold, and can work wonders.
You ought to complain, some poor bugger will certainly die with that
attitude and lack of ethics. That nurse should be shot. A disgrace.

NHS fault for recruiting idiots, which leads me to my family dental care.

My family dentist had a stroke at 68 years old, disbanded his practice and
left thousands of patients without cover.

We are without dental care now and can only go private until we can find a
NHS dental practitioner to take us. Can be 3years, but children will always
be treated of course.

It cost my son 648 quid to have a check up for him and wife plus a bit of
descaling and a couple of fillings! WHAT?

This country is becomming more and more unlivable for us natives.
Baz

Old 01-01-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

I know exactly how you feel, our Doc has refused to sign the papers
for our new Health Centre so it hasn't been built despite the builders

We are without dental care now and can only go private until we can find a
NHS dental practitioner to take us. Can be 3years, but children will
always
be treated of course.

It cost my son 648 quid to have a check up for him and wife plus a bit of
descaling and a couple of fillings! WHAT?

This country is becomming more and more unlivable for us natives.
Baz

You should come to Leyburn. Our NHS dentist has a sign outside trying to
recruit more patients.

Mike

Old 03-01-2011, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
We had to go Private years ago and both joined Denplan paying monthly,
that way the only extra expense is laboratory services if needed and it
includes checkups every 6 months. --
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

I was in the same boat a few years ago. My dentist told me he wasn't
treating HS patients any more as he was going to have private patients only.
His reason was that the NHS were not willing to pay for the treatment he
considered I needed. Of course I had to join Denplan. I have to say that
I've always had excellent response to any treatment required. The paractice
has been taken over by another dentist- my original dentist has retired at
quite a young age !

Bill

Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"john brook" wrote in
:

retiring at a young age...... it does make you wonder how much they
earn doesn't it?

Yes, it does.
Take our money and run. Let them suck cake.
Sign of the times, as with most non-essential services and OUR money.
Baz