Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dale Thompson Dale Thompson is offline

Default grafted tomatoes

Just got the Territorial seed catalog. They are offering grafted tomato
plants! Supposedly the more vigorous rootstock "enables more effective
uptake of water and nutrients, and increases plants' resistance to pests
or disease and tolerance to temperature extremes and drought".

One plant costs more than a couple of seed packets of tomatoes, so my
frugal soul says "No way". Maybe I should request one for my March
birthday.

Rosemary