Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Sowing "isabgol" (Plantago ovata)

In article . com,
Ankur wrote:

Are there any books, websites or journals where one
can find information on germinating/growing plants?

In particular, I have Plantago ovata ("isabgol") seeds
but haven't been able to find much information on
when/how to sow the seeds. I've tried direct sowing
and in a small seedling tray at the start of Victorian
summer (in Australia), but haven't achieved any success.

I've germinated them, and got them up to 6" tall but they haven't done
well in my garden, under trees, on the north side of a hill.
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/afcm/psyllium.html
P. ovata is a 119 to 130 day crop that responds well to cool, dry
weather.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw